I don’t know about you, but my purse is kind of like another appendage. It holds everything I need to get through the day. That might sound a tad melodramatic, but it’s true. My purse is where I keep everything that won’t fit in a pocket… actually on that note, why is it that women’s fashions always seem to lack pockets? I call conspiracy theory! It’s because the fashion industry wants us to buy purses, isn’t it? It totally is…
Anyway, fashion epiphany aside, my purse is kind of my lifeline, so I figured I’d give you a peek into what’s inside…
- My purse – It’s huge, but I like that I can basically put my whole life into one bag. It’s simple, classic, and works with basically everything I own. This one is from Aldo.
- Wallet – Nothing special, it’s Coach and I got a few years ago at a Coach Outlet on Boxing Day (kind of the Canadian equivalent to Black Friday?). It’s a little worse for wear, but it holds my money and my cards, so it serves its purpose.
- Sunglasses – I mean, I think these are self-explanatory. I go to a lot of trade shows and wind up with a bunch of free, branded sunglasses. They do the trick though, and I’m never afraid of losing or breaking them since they cost me $o.Ibuprofen – Because I am a woman and I get headaches.
- My cell phone – Again, pretty self-explanatory.
- Glysomed Fragrance-Free Hand Cream – Extremely useful during the winter months when your hands get super dry and cracked.
- Makeup Bag – I used to subscribe to one of those monthly makeup sample lists, where they send you a little cosmetic bag filled with goodies for you to try. It was fun for a little while but the products started to add up and I found I wasn’t using nearly as many as I was getting, so I canceled. I did get this nifty little bag though, and for those of you who know me, it’s no secret that I have a teeny tiny little obsession with glitter, so this one is kind of perfect.
- Lip gloss Galore! – I have a confession to make. I love lip gloss. More specifically, I love matte liquid lipsticks. I don’t always wear them but there is something about a bold lip that just exudes confidence, so I keep a variety of shades in my bag for any occasion.
- Headphones – These are just the earbuds that come with the phone. They do the trick in a pinch though
- “I Love you a Latte” Coffee Kit – This one is kind of special. I think I’ve mentioned once or twice that I do musical theatre… Well, the last one I did was Mary Poppins. I played Mrs. Banks, and my stage son gave me this as a little cast gift. I love coffee, so it was pretty sweet.
- Notebook and pen – When inspiration strikes, it helps to have a notebook handy, so I keep this one in my bag, just in case!
Well, there you have it! That is a little insight into my purse!